-->

5.9.13

Thursday Track

My first love, Justin Vernon, released a new album this week with his band Volcano Choir. I haven't had ample time to sit with it and revel in Repave but what I have heard I really love.
The album sounds epic and masterful even before I have had the opportunity to admire J. Vernon's witty commentary on self, society, sex, etc. I can only imagine the raw discoveries I'll come across with the excessive crescendos and gnarly guitar.
However, I did notice some awesome lyrical interaction in the lines of this song and "Repave". Vernon is a lyrical genius who talks about the truth through a bunch on fanciful poetic lies.
There's nothing easier to listen to than a bunch of nice sounding lies... and if you dare listen deeper Justin Vernon (and his other 5 band members) will probably tell you something that breaks your heart, open. 

"Hun, you plenty competent
So why aren't you confident?
It's softening to be softening"